Things are starting to look a bit ugly around here. I’ve begun the move over to the third release candidate for textpattern, but it looks like it’s going to be an interesting ride.
I had made quite a few tweaks to my last Textpattern install, so it’ll be interesting to see how the old posts make their way over to the new install.
I’ll update this post as things progress. Please bear with me. If you see broken stuff, please don’t tell me yet.
OK, after a few teething problems, textpattern has started to behave a bit better. Things have now gone a little bland – I’ve removed all the wonderful blue-ness this blog had. I’ve decided to ware down the design bit-by-bit, so that I can keep some form of layout for now to keep things readable.
I’ve also re-instated a few of the tweaks I made to RC1 (I’ll be keeping a better log of changes this time, to make future upgrades easier):
- Added a bit of flexibility to the comments.
- Cleaned up comment numbering so they follow logical numbering within each article instead of using the comment ID.
- Made a mild tweak to the comments invite link. I’m pedantic and like to use ”#comments” instead of ”#comment”. It makes more sense to me!
- Set up my personal comment style.
- I’ve removed the alternating comment boxes though – I don’t think I’ll be using them this time around.
- Content negotiation is back, but I’ll probably remove this soon and just serve pages as good ol’ HTML 4.01. This site won’t validate in the meantime – there are still changes to be made.
Anyway, I think this redesign is going to be a slow process. I’m hoping to experiement a little and involve readers in the design process, what with general design being one of my weak points. Feel free to contribute.